Sunday, May 17, 2009

Country road

I drove to the yoga studio in Dover, NH today to take pictures of one of the teachers there who's pregnant (pictures coming soon). Half of the drive is highway, and the other half country road. I pulled over a few times on the way home. I've been intrigued by silos lately, especially when they're weathered, and then of course I'm always a sucker for cows. I don't, however, moo at them! Maybe I should have though... I was blown away by how jumpy these cows were. This group was close to the road so I pulled over and got out, camera in hand. As soon as the nearest cow noticed me he literally jumped up, turned around, and ran the other way, causing all the others to do the same. So I had to walk slowly and hang out for a while by the fence until they moved closer again. The one pictured below was the most daring of them all, eyeing me from the moment I got out of the car but not running away. Just when I thought we'd made a connection I stood up to get a different angle and poof, off he ran. Ah well.



No comments:

Post a Comment