Monday, April 4, 2011

Gearing up

I recently busted out my trusty old Nikon to take some pics. I've gotten lazy with having this little point-and-shoot on me all the time, but it just doesn't really compare. That said, the pics below were taken on it. Nevertheless, I'm starting to get reacquainted with my travel camera as I am planning some upcoming travels! I'll be heading out to LA this month (that's Los Angeles, not Lewiston-Auburn for the Mainers reading this). Going to visit a not-so-old but very dear friend and catching up with another at the same time. It will be nice to get a change of scene as I've pretty much been in Maine for about a year now. Yikes. Time does fly.

Summer will bring with it a trip to Mexico, my first ever if you don't count Tijuana and Cozumel, which I don't. And the Fall, if I'm lucky, will take me to Africa. Fingers crossed! In the meantime, I've been getting my own vicarious travel fix through the blog of a friend of a friend, who frequently travels to Tibet: http://evdecleyre.wordpress.com/

Another friend recently returned from India and a brief stopover in Lebanon. Her blog was also fabulous: http://newarktomumbainonstop.blogspot.com/.

So here are a few recent pics from the great state of Maine... great despite the fact that we have an unfortunate choice of governor in office now.


This reminded me of my blogger friend Elspeth, who takes tons of pictures of hearts in nature. Here is her blog: http://www.nowiswowtoo.blogspot.com/.

Gabe, my parents' dog.

Paris needs no introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment