Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Memory lane

I just imported all of my photos, over 3,000 of them, into my Mac. It was an interesting experience to watch them flip through a couple seconds at a time, like reliving my trip in a matter of minutes, and remembering how I was feeling at the time.

They look so much different, and in some cases better, on my Mac than they did on my HP Mini. I guess it's because of the bigger screen and the better resolution. Some photos that looked in focus on the HP are clearly not on the Mac. I've been flagging the ones I like best, some of which I hope to sell in the form of greeting cards, and the one below jumped out at me for some reason. I think the contrast could be better, but I like the composition. Unfortunately I only shot in JPEG and not RAW, but honestly I didn't want to take up all that space with RAW files. Maybe next time. I've also been scoping out Craigslist looking for better Nikon DSLR models because I've totally outgrown the D40. I also dream of a luscious telephoto lens. We shall see. I am only working part-time, after all!! Maybe these things will fall off a delivery truck that I happen to be driving behind. ;)


Food prep at the Sikh temple in Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment