Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

It's hard to believe it had been a year since I last saw my extended family, but it's true. So today's Easter gathering was especially sweet. We had an epic egg hunt for the kids, each one getting at least 20 eggs apiece, the weather was phenomenal, and we all had a great time, cooking and eating and catching up.

Overall it's been a fabulous weekend, in part due to the gorgeous weather. Yesterday I headed to Portsmouth for a yoga class at my old stomping grounds and afterward visited my favorite shoe store of all time, Footnotes. I bought myself a new pair of Birkenstock sandals to replace the ones I chucked back in Vietnam. And even though it's a brand new pair, putting them on felt like reconnecting with an old friend. Ahhhh... Birkenstocks, how I love thee.

Later that afternoon I did in fact reconnect with an old friend and we walked around Portland for a while. Gotta love the weekends!


Yeah, that's right. Check this egg out.

No comments:

Post a Comment