Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Portland or busk

Now that I'm no longer a teacher I don't have the usual holidays off, but I happened to have yesterday, Columbus Day, a.k.a. Indigenous Peoples Day. This is one counter-holiday that I think might actually take hold as most people aren't really down with the whole wiping out an entire culture thing. One of my yogi friends came up from New Hampshire and we kicked around Portland for the day. The weather was amazing, as it has been for several days now. We had Indian food for lunch and talked about all things India as she is going there in December for another yoga teacher training. I'm so excited for her. I'm sure it will be a mind blowing experience.

Here and there you'll come across somebody playing guitar and singing on the streets of Portland. This guy was really good. He had a beautiful voice and was singing his original tunes. He also looked like he was doing pretty well with tips, so that's awesome. I talked to him for about 30 seconds and you could immediately tell he was a really good soul. I love nice people.

One of the stops on our walking tour was Standard Bakery, a must-eat on any given day. I would put bakeries on my top ten list of the best things in life. These guys have the best baguettes this side of the Seine and pretty much everything they do is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment