Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Must... blog... soon...

A friend and colleague of mine has gently reminded me on several occasions lately that I haven't blogged in a really long time. So, I thought I should post something. I haven't been taking as many pictures lately, though. There have been many times when I've thought, Darn! I wish I had my camera with me, but I haven't been seeking out many photo opps. Also, I started my photography class a few weeks ago and have been forced into manual mode, which requires much experimentation to get the image just right. So... today I went out to play with my white balance settings, which can change the effect on the photo. But then again, Photoshop can do the same thing. I've been playing around with that lately as well and while it's really cool, part of me is yearning to take out an old film camera and play around with black and white film again. There was something really magical about taking pictures and not knowing exactly what you got until you went into the darkroom...



No comments:

Post a Comment