Saturday, April 4, 2009

Way way

After a failed attempt to go for a walk at the heath this afternoon, due to copious amounts of mud, Paris and I ran around behind the local middle school. Well, she ran, I walked. On the way there I stopped at the now-closed Way Way Store. I believe this place is on the national register of historic places. It's a trippy building, very run-down at this point. I'm not sure how long it's been closed, but when I was in high school it was a mile-marker for track workouts. It probably still is, but the kids today don't get the full experience. I never ran this far; I believe it was the 6-mile marker, reserved for the distance runners. But those who did would run out, stop and buy candy, and eat it there or on the run back. It's amazing the crazy things you can get away with when you're a teenager.



1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh!!!!! I LOVED the Way=Way store! My sister and I used to go there before every movie, red sox game, etc. What in the world is better than a giant bag of sugar for a buck?!?!?!?! NOTHING, I tell you, NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete