Monday, August 10, 2009

A first

This afternoon I started a load of laundry, only to discover that there is no dryer! Another green feature of the house, or as David puts it, "It's insane to have a clothes dryer out here." And he's right. The sun and wind are nature's perfect clothes dryer. I had to laugh as I was hanging my clothes out to dry, realizing that I had NEVER done this before. How ridiculous is that? Granted, there are only a select few months when this endeavor would be feasible in Maine, but still. In any case, I'm sold. I decided to take a picture of this momentous occasion, which of course is totally dorky, but whatever. It's not really the clothes drying that is the cool part, but the amazing backdrop for them, the Sangre de Cristo mountains.


Sangre de Cristo means Blood of Christ, so when the sun is setting on a cloudless day the mountains take on a reddish hue, hence the name. They are quite stunning; I don't think the picture fully captures it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey the blog is looking amazing! I love the format change, and your photos of NM are so vibrant! I love the one a few entries ago with the reflection in the puddle. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete