Sunday, November 22, 2009

Waterfall

I tend to wake up with a loose plan of what I want to do on any given day, but usually I don’t end up sticking to it. The fun thing about being on permanent vacation is that this is OK. I have another week left here in McLeod and I will be celebrating my birthday here. I’ve been buying many Christmas presents and also bought several items to try and sell when I return to the U.S. Since I have no idea what I’ll be doing for work when I return, I figured why not try that on the side? However, the more I travel, the more I want to travel! I wish my budget was unlimited, because my desire to explore certainly is. I met an English guy named Daniel who has been teaching in Vietnam for a while and is traveling now, so the idea of that is still simmering in the back of my mind. Apparently Hanoi is a pretty hip place. In any case, Daniel accompanied me on a hike up to the Bhagsu waterfall today. The weather was perfect and the fresh air magnificent, with a chai break (of course) at the café at the top of the hill. I bought myself a lovely Tibetan yak wool shawl and can’t believe I waited so long to do so. I am incredibly warm as I sit in my freezing room typing this post. I met my friend Jamyang and we continued through our lovely story about Rambo. Life is pretty awesome here.

Views of today’s hike…




My fabulous new 'do, or lack thereof.

3 comments:

  1. Look ma no hands has just taken on a whole new meaning. You are beautiful!!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete