Friday, November 27, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun

I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. There's something about this place that seems to make the time go by faster. Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I celebrated with... hold on to your hats... Indian food! It was homemade, though, and quite tasty. I was also given a couple pointers on how to eat with your hands and once you know how to do it, it's not so bad.

Yesterday I went down to Dharamsala, a pretty big city compared to McLeod Ganj. You can pretty much get anything there, including Western-style clothes. In one store I almost felt like I was back in the U.S. Also in Dharamsala is the Norbulingka Institute, another Tibetan Buddhist site. It is very beautiful there, and peaceful.


Outside Norbulingka, a sheep chows down... or up.


Oh my God this place needs to stop being so beautiful or I'm never going to get out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment