Thursday, November 19, 2009

Twists and turns

One of the really cool things about this place is that it seems to be an almost endless maze of little streets. I keep finding new things, new shops, new bakeries (!), new restaurants. I changed my flight plans today so I will be here for at least another week. In some ways I feel like I could stay here forever. One obvious way to do so, here or anywhere really, would be to get a job teaching English. However, there is no shortage of organizations where people volunteer to teach English to Tibetan refugees, so I think that would be next to impossible. Plus, my heart just isn't in teaching at the moment. Interestingly, I've had two people in shops here tell me I could work for them, which is somewhat appealing. I am definitely feeling drawn in by this place, but at the same time want to see some other nearby places. Hmm... decisions, decisions.


This is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip so far. A Tibetan man, prayer beads in hand, makes his way up to the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment