Friday, November 6, 2009

Two more days

As in, two more days left at the ashram. On Monday I leave for a 24-hour (gulp) journey north to Rishikesh, the so-called "yoga capital of India" and the place where the Beatles came to hang out with Maharishi Mahesh back in the day. I'm looking forward to seeing it, and hoping that the train ride will go as smoothly as possible. I've got a chain and lock for my bag as theft is pretty common apparently. I've also been advised not to eat or drink anything sold on the train as people have been known to mysteriously pass out for hours and wake up without their belongings and documentation. I will head into town today to stock up on some drinks and snacks for the long haul. So it will be a pretty chill couple of days - last-minute laundry, packing, saying ciao to everyone I've met here. I will miss having this place as a home base, for sure, and my new Italian amici, but I am most definitely looking forward to dictating my own schedule. Will I still wake up at 6 every morning and do yoga? We'll see what happens. Travel always tends to throw everything off.

Here are a couple of my favorite pics from the trip into town the other day.



2 comments:

  1. Bon voyage (or however you say it in Hindi). I like the last image. Very filmic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe journey Mel. The pictures are remarkable
    Mary Nasse

    ReplyDelete