Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Recovery

Ah, the wonderful world of new and different bacteria. You try to be careful about what you eat, but at some point you will fall prey. First it happened to me, and now Shayna. Thankfully it only lasted 24 hours, and I'd like to say it will be the last time, but who knows? Fortunately for us, we have Maria, our Mexican-American mom-away-from-home, here at the inn. She hooked us up with some yerba buena tea, which apparently is just spearmint. It was super yummy and I guess good for your tummy. I don't know if it was the agave nectar she put in it, but it smelled and tasted a little bit like melted butter. Good stuff. She also called the man nearby who delivers jugo verde, which is also said to be really good for you and I guess cleansing. Then for lunch she whipped up some caldo de pollo, delicious chicken soup packed full of veggies. So that has been lunch for two days in a row, with the occasional saltine (saladitas) and coconut-flavored pedialyte. Good stuff. We also ventured out in the afternoon yesterday to the bakery down the road, La Jarochita. I think I will get to know those folks very well over the next few weeks.

Enjoying some caldo de pollo in our sunny courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment