Sunday, September 27, 2009

Common Ground Fair

Yesterday we all piled into the van and went to the Common Ground Fair in Unity. If you've never been, it's worth the drive. Put on by MOFGA (the Maine Organic Farmers and Growers Association), it features locally grown food and arts and crafts by Maine artists and artisans.

There were a lot of people at the fair. (I had to remind myself that this was probably nothing compared to the mass of humanity I will encounter in India.) The only thing I bought, besides the entry ticket, was food. Priorities, priorities.


A fair featuring Maine foods would not be complete without wild Maine blueberries. Yum.


I'm not a huge meat eater, but all the meats there came from Maine-raised animals.


We left around 7 p.m. and the night sky was pretty stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment