Monday, September 21, 2009

Two weeks 'til India!!

So the weeks have really flown by since I returned to Maine about a month ago. Two weeks from today I will be on a plane headed to New Delhi!! It's hard to believe. I'm more or less prepared, as prepared as I can be I guess. I haven't done a lot of research as I'm hoping to learn more once I get there. I've also tried to block out the stories I've heard, both good and bad, because I want to form my own opinion. I do know that Varanasi is referred to, among other things, as "the religious capital of India" and "the city of learning," both of which hold a lot of appeal to me. Although I have read through my volunteer guide, I'm not exactly sure what to expect of ashram life. I'm looking forward to finding out, though.


I've been drinking herbal tea since I gave up coffee, but I've started drinking regular tea as well. I know this has caffeine in it, but it doesn't seem to have quite the same effect on me as coffee does. (Then again, maybe this is just the addict in me making excuses!) Besides, I'll be traveling, so I don't want to be too restrictive with my diet. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're leaving so soon! We HAVE to get together before you go...

    ReplyDelete