Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's love

Today was an amazingly awesome day. I got to spend it with my BFF from high school. She is a writer (check out www.mainemaven.com) and we went to Freeport for a freelance story she is working on. We started at Wolfe's Neck Farm where we saw chickens, sheep, and goats. One awesome little goat in particular. He really seemed to take to Kristen immediately. I would call it love at first sight. Prior to meeting this goat I was telling her how I would love to have goats someday and she was iffy on the prospect. Well, she's sold now. Check this out - it's clear from these pictures that this little chèvre is actually smiling:


This depicts the start of the nuzzling and affection.


Shortly after the nuzzling and affection began. Note the corners of this goat's mouth. That is totally a smile!!

After this experience, Kris and I got to tool around town and meet some interesting folks and eat some great food. We continued our journey into Portland for dinner, where we ate at the bar at the Corner Room. Gnocchi with brown butter and sage - molto bene! Kris had a pasta dish with wild boar, which I didn't even know people actually ate.

So all in all, a wonderful day. It's so great to be able to spend time with people you love. And to realize how many great friends you have, as well as family. La vita è bella, truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment