Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Mexico state of mind

I just started to get a little bit nostalgic for New Mexico. For whatever reasons, there are just certain places that grab a hold of you and never quite let go. For me, so far in this lifetime, those places have been Maine, San Francisco, Paris, Greece, and New Mexico. Perhaps I will add to this list on my upcoming journey.

Whenever I need my faraway fix of New Mexico beauty, I log on to http://www.geraintsmith.com/ and get caught up on the Photo of the Day. Geraint is an amazingly talented photographer and all-around awesome person. It's hard to describe why you like someone's work or not, but I think what I love about his images is that they are simple yet stunning. Definitely check out his website!


A fence is an odd choice I know, especially when there's so much wide-open breathtakingly beautiful scenery out there. I loved these fences, though - a good use of the resources and a work of art in their own right.

1 comment:

  1. I had a look at the link. Yes, I love the simplicity of his images.

    ReplyDelete