Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And we're off!

... sort of. My plane leaves around midnight tonight. I just checked out of my hotel and now have about 6 hours to kill until the taxi picks me up. Hmm... what to do? I think it will involve a lot of sitting around in cafés and eating. If this were a career option I think I'd be a millionaire at it. Speaking of being a millionaire, I wonder how it will feel when I see my bank account balance drop from seven figures to three. Dong is a silly currency, but you definitely feel rich playing with it.

So the plan is Hanoi to Seoul, Seoul to New York, New York to Boston. Part of me is hoping they'll need volunteers to give up their seats on an overbooked plane to NY for a fabulous flight voucher worth big bucks, but those kinds of things never seem to happen to me. We'll see. If you're still reading this blog after all this time, thank you first of all, but more importantly see you soon!!

4 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but I heard about you through the Maine Maven site and have read all your entries. Thank you for allowing us all to vicariously experience your travels. Maybe your blog followers from southern Maine would like to get together, to buy you a drink, or a meal when you get back home? I know I would. Safe travels, and soft landing back to your Maine life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks. I'm always amazed by the great people I've "met" through the web and the blogging world in particular. I'm glad you've enjoyed reading it. The Maine Maven is great; she's one of my oldest and dearest friends. :) And as you know I'm always up for a good meal out. Just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing a little travelling of my own, right now. On St. John, USVI swimming the silky seas and basking in the warm. Heard you came back to some wild and wooly weather!! Bet your pup was overjoyed during your reunion! Will throw out some dates when I get back.

    ReplyDelete