Monday, February 15, 2010

Sweet relief

I arrived in Hue around noon today and learned that the weather here is notoriously bad compared to the rest of Vietnam. Bad is relative, however, as I am totally relishing the cooler temps. It was actually misty today and the sun was hidden behind the clouds as I walked around town. There's a big citadel here and various buildings around it to check out. There's also a supermarket that I'm looking forward to exploring... only I would include a supermarket on the list of must-sees. It was a pretty slow day here as a lot of businesses are still closed for Tet, but one of my favorite sights of the day was these two novice monks on a bicycle. Cute.

2 comments:

  1. As always, I am impressed by your photographer's eye and the increasing quality of you photos. Any interest in putting a portfolio together when you return and looking for that photo journalist's job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have a few ideas of things to do with my photos when I get back, and with my life in general, and that would certainly be a cool gig.

    ReplyDelete