Saturday, February 20, 2010

Trip Superlatives

As I near the end of my trip, it seems appropriate to compile a list of the best, and in some cases the worst, of all the places I've been to. Here goes:

Best food: Thailand
Best coffee: Vietnam
Best tea: hot - India, iced - Thailand
Best public transportation: Thailand
Worst public transportation: Vietnam
Hardest stares: India
Easiest smiles: Cambodia
Hardest stares that you can turn into smiles: Vietnam
Cleanest city: Luang Prabang, Laos
Dirtiest city: Varanasi, India
Best market: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Best islands: Thailand
Best temple: Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Cutest kids: All of them
Cheapest place to travel: India
Most expensive place to travel: Thailand
Places I didn’t go, but wished I had: Pai, Thailand, the south of India, and Nepal
Number of vaccinations I got before the trip: 6
Number of times I got sick from something I ate or drank: 3
Number of strange diseases I worried about getting: multiple
Number of strange diseases I actually got: none, that I know of
Benefit of worry: none
The one thing I didn’t pack but wished I had: pocket knife
Strangest currency: Vietnamese, which has two plastic cutouts. Also called the dong.
Easiest language to learn: Hindi
Hardest language to learn: Vietnamese
Language that most resembles choking when spoken: Khmer
Highlights of the trip: seeing the Dalai Lama in India and hanging out with elephants in Thailand

It's certainly been an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment