Monday, January 18, 2010

Back in Bangkok

I arrived in Bangkok around 6:30 this morning and shared a cab with a Belgian guy into town. I'm staying near where I was, but a bit further away from the madness (but not too far from the great street food!). I was curious to see if I would like Bangkok less the second time around because it's such a big, busy city. But I don't, I love it! It's like New York, only Asian. Oh yeah, and much cheaper. I've heard fellow travelers complaining about it, or saying that's it's just a place to pass through, not really to stay, but I couldn't disagree more. I'm not exactly sure how long I will stay here this time around, but while I'm here I'll try to figure out a plan for the next month or so. I keep checking airfares from various places. I should probably book soon as they seem to be inching upwards.


My hotel is right near the water. One thing I want to do, which I didn't do last time, is take a water taxi from place to place.

No comments:

Post a Comment