Thursday, January 28, 2010

Depressing

I don't have a lot to say today. What can you say when you learn about the indiscrimate slaughter of 2 million people? I took some interesting photos today, but there was also a lot of just reading and trying to process in my mind signs like, "Mass grave of 166 bodies without heads" and "Babies smashed?" It's amazing to think that all of this happened during my lifetime, when I was a toddler. So anyone my age or older in this country lived through this and lost loved ones. Ugh.


One of the cells in which prisoners were kept.


The handle on one of the window shutters at S-21, the former high school turned into a detention center for prisoners of Pol Pot's despotic regime.


Beauty in a place of horrors. Palm trees grow at the site of the killing fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment