Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eeeek!

That's the sound of me actually making a decision. Holy cow. Well, I booked a ticket back to the States. On February 23rd I'm scheduled to fly out of Hanoi to Boston. That gives me five more weeks to explore Cambodia and Vietnam. I think this should be enough time. I only get 30 days in Vietnam anyway due to visa restrictions. In fact, my passport is now out of my hands and being processed by the Vietnamese embassy here. It's strange to be in a foreign country without your passport on you.

So... slowly, slowly the decision is beginning to set in. I've started the process of getting some part-time work for when I return. Oh boy, work, schedule... eek indeed. It will be great to see my family and friends again; hopefully they will help ease the transition. I just ran into an Aussie friend I made in Laos, here in Bangkok, who is returning home at the end of the month. Needless to say, we're both feeling the same way.

I haven't really taken many pictures since I've been back in BKK, partially because it's my second visit, but also because it's hard to take pictures when you're double-fisting mango sticky rice. Hahahaha. Just kidding. Anyway, here's a picture from my first visit, which seems appropriate at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment