Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vientiane

Oh no, am I getting so uncreative toward the end of my trip that I can only title my blog entries with the name of the city I'm in? I've hit another limbo moment... after the incredibly charming Luang Prabang, the rest of Laos just seems a bit blah. Actually the nature, in particular the mountains, are amazing, but as I am without appropriate footwear (I know that one hiking shoe is still out there somewhere on the side of the road in Kashmir!) I'm a bit limited as to what extent I can get out in it. Yesterday I settled for a lovely bike ride. It reminded me a bit of Taos, New Mexico in that everywhere you looked there was an amazing view of mountains.

I arrived in the capital of Laos today and am rooming with another solo female traveler from Austria. Our neighbor is also a solo female traveler from Australia. I'm not sure how many days I'll be here, probably at least a few days in order to arrange a visa to Vietnam. After a bit of research on airfares, I think I've decided to continue in Southeast Asia, down through Thailand into Cambodia and then up into Vietnam. As I start to think about my triumphant return to the states, all the usual questions are returning - what to do about money, health insurance, yadda yadda yadda. Maybe I can just hide out in SE Asia forever. ;)


I pulled over to take this picture on my bike ride. Holy gorgeous!


Humorous typos are everywhere here. In fact, there's a whole website dedicated to them, http://www.engrish.com/. I may submit this one. I have no idea what else they were possibly going for here... needless to say, I didn't order it to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment